Whether your furry family member is a cat or a dog, you can show them care & love by adding some CBD to their lives. CBD is expected to have the same soothing benefits for animals that it does for humans.
Is CBD good for my pet?
While there has been no formal study on how CBD affects dogs or cats specifically, there are ongoing studies on CBD oil for dogs; one is being funded by AKC Canine Health Foundation, which will provide the scientific data that’s needed to gain legal approval on benefits of CBD .
What scientists currently know is that cannabinoids interact with the endocannabinoid receptors located in the central and peripheral nervous systems, which help maintain balance in the body and keep it in a normal healthy state. There is also some anecdotal evidence that CBD helps treat pain and reduces anxiety. Basically, you can use CBD to improve the overall wellbeing of your pets and ensuring they have a healthy lifestyle.
What should I look for when I am purchasing CBD for my pet?
If you decide that you should try CBD as a treatment or a wellness product for your dog, there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Look for USDA organic certified. Ensure your pet’s CBD is fungicide/insecticide-free.
- Quality comes at a price. To get reasonable dosage of CBD, without other additives, you may have to pay a price.
- Request & review the formula analysis. The manufacturer should be able to provide a certificate that certifies the amount of CBD that is in the product. Also ensure that your product contains low/no THC, a psychoactive compound.
- Buy CBD in the liquid/oil format. There are dog treats/chewables in the market containing CBD, but the best form to administer is via tincture. The CBD is not always evenly distributed in these products and you do not have an accurate measure of what your pet is consuming. The tincture helps you measure & ensure that your pet is getting the right dosage of the product. There is no toxicity level for CBD.
- Understand the difference between Full Spectrum, Broad Spectrum & CBD Isolates. The main difference between full spectrum, broad spectrum & CBD Isolates is which compounds they contain. If a CBD product contains the naturally occurring cannabis plant extracts, such as terpenes and other cannabinoids (including up to 0.3% THC), it is full spectrum CBD. Broad spectrum CBD also contains several cannabis plant compounds, but it is typically entirely free of THC. CBD Isolate is pure CBD, without any of the other cannabinoids, terpenes or THC. Typically, full-spectrum CBD is the least processed.
Why is Medical Mike’s the right CBD for my pet?
The short answer is because we care.
The long answer is a story about how Medical Mike’s started. Our Founder & CEO, Mike Vanacoro, first gave full spectrum CBD oil to his Saint Bernard, Torre after she suffered from sleep and joint pain issues in her old age. Conventional medication had not been helping her which led Mike to research alternative treatments. Full Spectrum CBD oil gave Torre a second life. She started sleeping through the night and her general pain seemed to dissipate. Mike says, “Torre lived to almost 13 years (St. Bernards usually live around 8-9 years). I firmly believe she had a better quality of life in her later years due to Hemp CBD. I am forever thankful for that.”
Life has come a full circle as Medical Mike’s finally makes its foray into CBD Oil for pets. This product is aimed at equipping pets, both young and old, lead healthier, happier, longer lives. With authentic, organic, full spectrum CBD oil specifically designed for your pets, Medical Mike’s is bringing unmatched ingredient & benefit transparency to the product. Mike truly cares about pets and your furry friends are in good hands with Medical Mike’s Hemp CBD Tincture. Medical Mike’s Pet Tincture is USDA organic certified.
Check out our pet CBD tincture on our products page.