CBD, CBN & CBG Edibles for the Holidays
The holidays are here, filled with festive celebrations, family traditions, and delicious food. It’s time to get cooking and baking! If you want to make your sweet and savory favorites even better, infuse cannabis into the mix. CBD and CBG edibles are incredible additions to the holiday spread for a variety of healthful reasons.
Feeding your body with healing cannabinoids helps you stay merry and bright throughout the holiday season.
What Are the Benefits of CBD, CBG and CBN Edibles?
CBD, CBG & CBN edibles are:
- Non-addictive and non-psychoactive, so you won’t get high when you eat them.
- A discreet way to consume cannabis with no telltale smoke or packaging.
- A tasty, cannabis-infused treat to help you feel positive, pain-free, calm, focused, and well-rested.
- LEGAL if sourced from hemp containing no more than 0.3% THC.
- Longer lasting than CBD and CBG gummies and topicals.
Although similar, there are differences between cannabidiol (CBD) and cannabigerol (CBG) to consider when choosing the cannabis oil for your edibles.
Overall, both cannabinoids improve mood, mobility, concentration, and sleep. It’s all good!
Here are some helpful tips to remember when making your CBD and CBG edibles:
Use a Good Carrier Ingredient
To effectively cook with CBD and organic CBG oil, it’s best to infuse them into a fatty or oil-based carrier ingredient for easier blending. Butter and coconut oil are popular choices, but you can also use other non-water-based ingredients such as ghee.
Start with a Smaller Dosage
When adding CBG, CBD & CBN oil to a recipe for the first time, start with a smaller dosage. You can’t overdose on cannabigerol, cannabidiol or cannabinol but too much can be wasteful and taste bad. Sweeter ingredients like sugar and honey help mask the earthy flavor, but you should still start small and taste as you go.
Control the Temperature
Temperature is important when cooking and baking with cannabis-infused oils. Heating CBG and CBD and CBN enhances the efficacy, but temps above 320 degrees could evaporate the therapeutic oils and cannabis derived terpenes. Instead, try warming the dish slowly without direct heat.
Give It a Good Stir
Consistent stirring ensures the cannabis oil blends evenly throughout the dish. You want everyone to enjoy a healthy serving of cannabinoid goodness.
Are you ready to hit the kitchen?
Try these delicious, hemp-infused holiday recipes to keep the feel-good vibe rolling…
Guacamole is a great go-to appetizer anytime of the year. Avocado, which consists mostly of fats, is the perfect base for blending CBD distillate into the mix. Guacamole is gluten-free and vegan-friendly, so everyone will love it.
3 ripe avocados (peeled, halved, and seeded)
1 T lime juice
½ tsp. kosher salt
½ tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
2 tomatoes (seeded and diced)
1 medium onion (diced)
1 garlic clove (minced)
1 T cilantro leaves (chopped)
½ jalapeno pepper (finely chopped)
1 dropperful of Medical Mikes CBD mct oil
- Mash avocados in a bowl with a fork.
- Add the salt, cumin, garlic, cayenne pepper, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, jalapeno, and lime juice.
- Add CBD mct oil.
- Stir to combine
- Cover with plastic wrap and keep at room temperature 2 hours before serving.
CBG Gingerbread Truffles
CBG gingerbread truffles are easy, vegan, gluten-free, paleo, and sugar-free, so they’re healthy and delicious plus there’s no cooking involved.
2 cups pecans or walnuts
2 T maple syrup
2 T coconut oil
1 tsp. ginger powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 dropperful of Medical Mikes organic CBG oil
Dash of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1/8 cup shredded coconut
- Chop pecans or walnuts in a blender or food processor.
- Add dates, maples syrup, organic CBG oil, ginger powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Blend or process until fully combined.
- Roll mixture into truffles and roll in shredded coconut.
CBN Hot Toddy
CBN oil is a great addition to holiday cocktails. Sip this hot toddy on a cold night.
Ingredients: (1 serving)
1 ½ oz whiskey
¾ cup water
3 tsp. lemon juice
3 tsp. honey
1 dropperful of Medical Mikes CBN oil
1 cinnamon stick
- Pour water in a small saucepan.
- Heat until steaming, not boiling.
- Pour hot water into a mug.
- Add whiskey, lemon juice, honey, and CBN oil.
- Stir until blended.
- Add a cinnamon stick.
Cheers to a happy, CBD, CBG & CBN-infused holiday!