CBN Dosage for Sleep: What You Need to Know
We all know sleep is essential to our health and well-being, and yet many of us struggle to get the quality sleep we need for optimal health. It’s no surprise then that many Americans seek help falling and staying asleep throughout the night. While insufficient sleep can be due to a variety of factors like sleep disorders or medical conditions, CBN may be what you need to get the proper rest you want and need.
What is CBN?
CBN, or cannabinol, is one of many cannabinoid compounds found in the cannabis plant. Known for its sedative properties, studies have shown this cannabinoid is a great natural way to promote sleep. A study published in the Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics found that CBN increased sleep duration in rats, while another study from the Journal of Sleep research found those with insomnia had improved sleep quality when taking CBN and THC together.
CBN is often found in liquid form, such as Medical Mike’s CBN tincture, which make dosage and ingestion simple. When it comes to dosing CBN, you’ll want to factor in how much you weigh, how strong you want the effects to be, or whether or not you want to micro dose.
Unlike THC, CBN is a non-psychoactive compound (like CBD) which means it doesn’t affect receptors in the brain responsible for one’s mental state. However, the effects of CBN on sleep will depend on your dosage, method of consumption and your own individual metabolism and physiology.
Other Uses for CBN
Though more research is needed to uncover all the ways CBN can improve aspects of your health and wellness, some benefits include:
- Sleep Aid: CBN has been shown to have sedative effects, making it a promising treatment for sleep disorders such as insomnia.
- Pain Relief: CBN has been shown to have analgesic properties, making it a great potential treatment for pain management.
- Anti-Inflammatory: CBN has anti-inflammatory properties, making it an ideal potential treatment for conditions such as arthritis and Crohn's disease.
- Neuroprotective: CBN has been shown to have neuroprotective properties, making it an exciting potential treatment for conditions like multiple sclerosis (MS) and Alzheimer's disease.
- Antibacterial: CBN has been shown to have antibacterial properties, making it a potential treatment for bacterial infections.
- Appetite Stimulant: CBN has been shown to have appetite-stimulating effects, which is needed to treat conditions such as cachexia and anorexia.
CBN Dosage for Sleep
It is always recommended to start at a lower dose and slowly work your way up until desired effect. Medical Mikes full spectrum CBN Oil contains 300mg of CBN and 300mg of CBD per bottle. Each dropper contains 10mg of CBN and 10mg of CBD. Most consumers start with a half dropper towards the evening and progressively increase dosage till they feel at ease.
We do not suggest increasing CBN dosage over 1ml (one dropper) per day. With any new supplementation consult your doctor before starting any regimen.
Overall, more studies are needed to fully understand how you can use CBN in your health and wellness regimen, but the future is looking promising. If you’re unsure about starting CBN check out this blog to learn more!