There’s a new product shaking up the cannabinoid industry, and users are loving it! It’s called CBG and it comes in all types of forms, even CBG edibles.
CBG (cannabigerol) edibles are becoming a popular way for users to take CBG with longer lasting effects. CBG edibles come in a range of strengths and offer potential health benefits.
If you’re looking to try out this game-changing cannabinoid, check out the information we found.
What is CBG?
Cannabinoids come in acid and non-acid types. The common THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) and CBD (cannabidiol) are non-acidic forms, while THCA (tetrahydrocannabinolic acid) and CBDA (cannabidiolic acid) are the acidic forms. The acidic form occurs in raw cannabis, while the non-acidic form occurs when heated.
CBG is the result of CBGA oil when heat is applied. It’s a non-acidic, minor cannabinoid that combines enzymes to help produce the main cannabinoids – THC, CBD, and CBC.
CBG is found in strains of hemp products and is an agonist - which means if CBD doesn't help alleviate the symptoms, CBG may because of the way it's processed in the body.
Although they sound the same, there are a few key differences between CBD and CBG. CBD is known for helping symptoms of pain and digestion, while CBG is found to support problems such as nausea, sleep, and overall mood. CBG products are harder to find, but they do come in various forms, such as tinctures, gummies, and isolates.
What are the Effects of CBG Edibles?
CBG is processed by the body’s endocannabinoid system and imitates our natural endocannabinoids. CBG works by binding our cannabinoid receptors and enhances relaxation and motivation, regulates sleep and appetite, and alleviates pain. Unlike THC, CBG will not get you high and has no psychotropic effects.
CBG edibles come in various forms from gummies to chocolates. However, the type of edible you choose doesn’t have a direct impact on the outcome. The only thing that affects how you feel is the potency of the edible. Basically if you take a CBG gummy, you will feel the same as if you took a CBG chocolate as long as the potencies are the same.
Important note: CBG edibles take approximately 30 minutes to digest and take effect.
Why Do People Take CBG Edibles?
Many CBG users prefer to use edibles because of their great taste and their long lasting benefits.
Here are a few key reasons why people take CBG edibles
- Easy to store and travel with
- Better taste
- Variety of flavors
- Longer lasting benefits
- Portions are clearly defined per piece
Minimal side effects
What is the Best Type of CBG Edibles to Take?
CBG products are not quite as popular as CBD, but studies show that it’s the “mother of all cannabinoids” and popularity is blooming. CBG edibles are often hard to find in many markets. However, due to the popularity, you can still find CBG edibles in these varieties:
- CBG Gummies
- CBG Chocolates
- CBG Lollipops
- CBG Protabs and Tablinguals
While preference is often a factor in determining the CBG edible that is right for you, it’s important to note that each edible also comes with its own benefit.
For example, the CBG protabs AND oils have been shown to metabolize in the body faster due to sublingual absorption.
Hemp CBG brownies:
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup hemp flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of organic CBG oil
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, flour, hemp flour, baking powder, and salt.Gradually add to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in the CBG oil and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool completely before cutting and serving.
- For extra fudgy brownies, use all brown sugar instead of half white sugar.
- To make your brownies even more flavorful, add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts, dried fruit, or candy pieces to the batter.
- For a richer flavor, use dark cocoa powder instead of unsweetened cocoa powder.
To make your brownies gluten-free, use gluten-free all-purpose flour.
How Much CBG Edibles Should You Take?
CBG dosage varies depending how your body responds and the quality of the product. Remember that CBG has not been regulated by the FDA for any type of treatment, so dosage is gathered from users who have reported the amounts they use.
Users who take CBG report taking dosages from 1mg to 25 mg. It’s best to start with a smaller dose like 1mg and slowly increase until you find the dosage that works best for you.
For more information about CBG dosage, check out our blog: How Much CBG You Should Take?
Where to Get CBG Edibles
CBG edibles are becoming popular among many brands and can be found with a quick Google search. However, if you’re looking for CBG products online, Medical Mikes can help! We offer a variety of CBG oils and other cannabinoid infused products like CBD and CBN oils. Check out our variety of locally sourced, organic products at our online store.